Following feedback received from landowner meetings and submissions received, the design option to be progressed from Ballymoneen Road to N59 Moycullen Road has been selected. The design option will incorporate:
- The alignment of the proposed mainline from Ballymoneen Road to N59 Moycullen Road will be as shown in Option B.
- The alignment of the N59 Link Road between the N59 junction and the Letteragh Road will be moved to the east.
- The N59 Link Road will incorporate an at-grade signalised junction at the Letteragh Road, as shown in Option B.
- The N59 Link Road between Letteragh Road and Rahoon Road will be moved east to be parallel to Bóthar Diarmuida.
- The existing entrance to Bun A’ Chnoic and Rosán Glas housing estates will be altered to exit onto the N59 Link Road at a signalised junction.
- The N59 Link Road will join the Rahoon Road at the existing entrance to Bun A’ Chnoic and Rosán Glas housing estates at a signalised junction.
- The Gort na Bró Road will be realigned to join the Rahoon Road at the proposed meeting point of the N59 Link Road with Rahoon Road, the existing road to Rahoon Road will be decommissioned.
- The road connecting the Galway Retail Park Roundabout to Gort na Bró Roundabout will be realigned to connect directly east onto Gort na Bró Road at a signalised junction, the existing road will be decommissioned. This will reduce the Gort na Bró Roundabout to a four arm roundabout.
Please find the following link to a drawing showing the latest design from the R336 Coast Road to the N59 Moycullen Road:
The design described is not finalised and is subject to change. Further details are yet to be included such as additional access roads, drainage design and mitigation measures.